The California Smokers’ Helpline provides a number of services to help tobacco chewers quit. All services are free. Hundreds of tobacco chewers have already quit. You can too! Call the California Tobacco Chewers’ Helpline at 1-800-844-CHEW to get started.
What is the Helpline?
- A free program proven to increase a tobacco chewer’s chance of quitting for good
What does the Helpline offer?
- One-on-one coaching from trained professionals
- Self-help materials, available by mail
Why does it work?
- Builds your motivation and confidence
- Gives you strategies you can really use
- Helps you create a plan to quit for good
The Helpline is open:
Monday–Friday, 7 am-9 pm
Saturday–Sunday, 9 am-5 pm
- Guide for Quitting Chew - a detailed guide on how to make a plan to quit chew by the National Institutes of Health – National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research.
- My Last Dip – a web-based research project funded by the National Cancer Institute to help chewers quit.